Friday, August 5, 2011

Oldie But Goody: 7 Ways to Enjoy Sex While on Your Way from Fat to Fit!

I wrote the following for both my old blog and Yahoo! Shine. My friend, LaVender, kept the link on her blog but it went away when I removed my site. So, here it is, an oldie but goody blog from the past....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many overweight women (heck, some women in great shape too) are so concerned about their bodies that they'll refuse to make love or fret the entire time they're doing it...even though they've decided to take steps to eat right and exercise, and even if their partner still finds them desirable.

I'm not a "sexpert", but I once fit the latter description. My hubby would want to ravish me and all I could think about was how my hippo-like butt looked from behind, how I would position myself so my boobs and belly flab wouldn't flap away like a pelican taking off from the water (you know the sound), and how I could avoid movements that would make my back fat ripple like Jello. Not anymore.

If you find yourself fretting about those same things, these tips for enjoying sex while on your way from fat to fit may be of interest to you...

1) Don't worry about what your lover "might" think...that's selfish.

If your partner wants you, don't concern yourself with bodily flaws. Making love isn't all about you and your feelings, it's about theirs too. I was shocked to learn that my husband actually felt that I was not attracted to him and, consequently, he felt rejected. Whoa, what an eye-opening piece of knowledge that was for me! There I was, so concerned about me that I thought nothing of how my actions affected him.

Stop worrying. He doesn't care, so why should you? It's okay to be selfish though when it comes to wanting your sexual experience to feel good; in fact, the more you get off the more he will too.

2) Don't cover-up...let it all hang out.

*Gulp*...yet another problem area that my husband spoke with me about. It drove him insane that while in the heat of passion I would grab at my shirt to pull it down in an effort to hide my fat. Do you know why? Because, to him, I wasn't truly enjoying our time together, my mind was focused on my appearance rather than allowing myself to be pleasured and give pleasure...I didn't just ruin it for me, I ruined it for him.

Quit covering and be uninhibited! Start retraining your mind to focus on how good the sex feels rather than hiding your bod. Once you're comfortable letting it all hang out, you'll be singing, "Feels like the first time, feels like the very first time." Really, it is that freeing!

3) Go with the flow flap...there are other noises after all.
Forget about the sound of your fat flapping, it really isn't that big of a deal. Just "Ohhhh", "Ahhhh", "Oh, God", "Mmmm, baby", "Yes, yes", "More, more", and "Oh, right there" your way through it all. Concentrate on his sounds also so you can zero in on what he's enjoying the most during your sexual encounter!
4) Envision a new you and be the aggressor...rock your lover's world.

Fantasizing can open a whole new world of ecstasy with your significant other. I can work myself up in no time just thinking about what my hubby could do with a lighter me. Foregoing the down 'n' dirty details, let's just say I have quite an imagination! Once I get the vision in my head, I seek out my husband and start ripping his clothes off; and I keep the fantasy going while having sex...it doesn't matter that I don't have my perfect physique yet, my husband enjoys being the prey for a change.

5) After strength training workout sex...it does the libido good.

When you feel like a million dollars the last thing you'll think about is fat, so after workout sex is the perfect time for love making. You may be pouring sweat like rain during a Spring storm but that's okay because you're muscles will feel tighter which makes you feel sexier and more energetic. Take a quick shower if you must and then grab your lover and head to your Love Palace for a calorie burning "sexardio" session.

If you're lucky enough to workout with your hubby, make sure you spend some time grabbing his chest and biceps to spice things up a bit.

6) Eat light...for sexual delight.
"Hey, baby, wanna go smack bellies?", my husband asks in jest knowing full well that having sex after a meal that's high in fat and calories is the last thing either of us want to do. If just one heavy meal turns off ones sex drive, imagine how eating like that all day affects you. Eating more nutrient rich foods throughout the day tends to increase your sex drive and makes you feel lighter--you know--so you can play Cowgirl without worrying about squishing your significant other.
7) Axe the Waterworks...Constant self-pity is unattractive.

It's one thing to confide in your lover about how sad you are about your weight issues, but constant whining and not doing anything to change it is another story. My husband, though he wishes I hadn't gained so much weight, was still attracted to me--until he reached a point where my daily moping made me completely unattractive to him. Don't let the same happen to you because it will make for one ho-um sex life. After all, it's no fun making love to a Mopey Murtle; you and he will simply go through the motions and not truly enjoy one another.

Don't wait until you reach a healthier new you before enjoying intimate moments with someone you love. Always remember that sometimes the best part to the end of any journey are the great times you had along the way!

4 comments:

  1. Blessings.....
    This is a delightfully courageous post. All your suggestions are so on point, added to that all the pressure for women to be a size thin doesn't make it easy to find that kind of courage. In the western world fat people are seen as undesirable, incapable of loving doing and being sexual. There seem a long lists of what fat people can't do and that list is perpetuated through the various media forms, print, television, internet, radio. It has become so normalized that the FAT of a person is seen before the PERSON and everything is a symptom of that FAT.

    COURAGEOUS writting....
    Take care and thanks for sharing...
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LaVender, sorry I forgot to let you know I finally put it back up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhapsody,

    Yes, so true. There was no way I could write this or accept until I changed my thinking. It's one of those cases where I had to push out everything people say about those who are overweight.

    Hugs to You~Sandy

    ReplyDelete