Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Plus Size Models with Flat Tummies: Where Are the Rolls?



Every month when I get my Lane Bryant catalog in the mail I skim through it trying to find a woman who has a few rolls; instead, all I see are gorgeous curvy women--I'd love to be any of their sizes! Where are the fat rolls? Where are the bulging bellies that fall over the panty line? Where are the size 28s? Hell, I'd happy to see a size 18-20 because that's about my size. 

Although I appreciate Lane Bryant serving the clothing needs of bigger women and the industry in general using more models in sizes 8-14, it seems the truly overweight and obese women are receiving the short end of the stick. Perhaps this is an area of modeling where height shouldn't be such an issue. After all, 220 lbs. on a woman 5'7" and below looks a lot different than a woman of the same weight who is 5'10" and over--her fat obviously has more distribution available.

I'm not a fashionable woman because I have a hard time finding clothes to fit right. I don't want something too big because it instantly makes me look bigger, yet I don't want clothes that fit too tight or I end up looking like an amusement park ride meant for fairies and imps. Are there any magazines or websites out there to teach women like myself how to look the best they can--not expecting a miracle here--in what's available? I've searched, but most sites I come across claiming to be for plus-sized women are no better for me than Lane Bryant.

No comments:

Post a Comment