Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weigh In, My Goal and What I've Been Doing

How could I have started this blog without remembering to post Monday's weigh-in? I've always had a bad memory, but it really took an even bigger dive once I hit forty. First things first...

Goal Weight:       150 pounds (I look awesome and curvaliscious at this weight!)
Current Weight:   222 lbs
Pounds left to go:  72 lbs

Workout: Jari Love's Slim & Lean workout dvd for strength training.

Nutrition: It's been extremely hot and humid here which affects my appetite; I eat less when it's uncomfortably hot. I've decided not to go extreme with eating because it seems to be my biggest downfall. I'm eating what I normally eat but less of it and less snacking too. This week I've been drinking nice cool fruit smoothies with soy milk or a chocolate protein shake. I had spicy tuna sandwiches for lunch on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I pigged out on an Arby's Chipotle Chicken Sandwich combo--I may set aside Wednesdays as a free day. Monday's dinner was roast beef, mashed potatoes w/gravy and sweet corn. Tuesday I made hoagies with a bit of mayo, onions, green peppers and Steak Umm's. Last night I wasn't too hungry--thanks to my Arby's lunch--so a peanut butter and jelly sandwich hit the spot.

I find that when I go whole hog and work out everyday that I burnout quickly. The same goes for eating, which leads to yo-yo dieting. It works better for me to ease in to a healthy lifestyle and gradually build. I'm sure many of you can relate. :-)

Have a Happy and Healthy Day~Sandy

2 comments:

  1. One day at at time - one pound at a time. I've been drinking a lot of V8 lately to ensure I get my veggies. Instead of spending the money on it, I'm going to attempt to make a veggie drink of my own; it'll be less expensive to make than buy. It's my goal to eat the recommended intake of fruits and veggies - One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My downfall is fast food when I am working everyday. Love fries!! Haha, now that Greg and I are working together so much we are going to start packing our lunches. I am up to 190 lbs (wow, did I just post that online??) But I too am happy at 150 lbs so need to lose 40 lbs.

    ReplyDelete