Sunday, August 14, 2011

Take Your Diet Program and Stuff It: MasterChef Julie Goodwin Turns Down Jenny Craig


Look at July Goodwin's sweet and confident smile. This is a woman who is truly comfortable in her own skin, so comfortable she turned down $250k from diet company giant Jenny Craig. I really admire women like her and do have an example in my own life--my mother. 

I really don't blame Goodwin, can you imagine going from your own, home cooked gourmet foods to boxed dinners? Yuck, I won't even go there--although for $250k I probably would, lol (just being honest). She's perfectly happy being the way she is and hasn't an inkling of desire to change. She's very bold about it too...

"I don't want to be thin. I don't want to be anything different to who I am," the 41-year-old said.
"I think people have been really willing to embrace me for who I am."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/celebrity-masterchef-julie-goodwin-turns-down-lucrative-jenny-craig-deal/story-e6frfmqi-1226114493764#ixzz1Uzw014Cg

My mother flat out says, "I love to eat", when it comes to dieting. My mother would rather enjoy full flavor than skimp any day. She also jokes about having "fat cramps" in front of people; my mom is such a character! I also have friend in Holland who is no holds barred when it comes to not wanting to lose weight. One time she was telling me about an awesome orange cheesecake she made and I was drooling--I swear I gained pounds while listening--on this side of the ocean. I jokingly said, "It's the fat free, no calorie, no fat kind? Right? So I can eat all I want." She replied, "No, it's full of fat and sugar and calories and I won't pretend they're not in there." I don't know what my friend in Holland looks like but it doesn't matter, she captured my friend strings long ago so what difference does it make? She's beautiful to me already, and I feel the same about others--thin, fat, and everything in between.

Enjoy the Day and Hugs~Sandy

1 comment:

  1. I love to eat also and I exercise daily, so I can eat more!

    ReplyDelete