Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sore, Sore, Sore and the Cure for Soreness


I’m into day three of the May 2009 issue of Prevention Magazine’s strength training workout and yesterday and first thing this morning I was sore…make that sore, sore, sore!
I’ve been lifting weights every other day, as well as lunges and squats, since January but it didn’t prepare me for Prevention’s workout at all. The exercises require moving in to and out of the positions slowly. For instance, instead of just squatting and returning to standing position, you slowly lower into squat position to a count of four and then raise back while counting to two or four.
The reason counting in this manner works so well and feels so new to your body is because it confuses the muscles and makes them work harder. If you’re in need of a boost to your routine, you should definitely try incorporating the slow-count method in to your routine.
Yesterday I could barely move and this morning was the same way. However, I’m no longer sore due to a wonderful natural “cure” for sore and tender muscles…after workout morning sex with my husband. Cool eh? Of course, you’ll have to use your own hubby or significant other to cure the soreness though…which I’m sure they’ll be happy to oblige. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment