Saturday, February 28, 2009

Even the Dog Said, "Ewww" to Tofu!


To prevent myself from buying fast food when I was starving yesterday whilst out running errands, I grabbed some food (if you can call it that)from our local health food store’s refrigerator–Sweet and Sour Tofu.
You see, my friend LaVender once made me a delicious tofu burrito with onions and peppers and salsa–it was awesome–so I thought, this should be good. Wrong! The first thing that struck me when I opened the little container was the aroma; it didn’t smell like any sweet and sour food I’d ever had. The next thing was the appearance; it sort of, kind of, looked like chicken but something just wasn’t right. After that came the feel, I can’t quite describe it; it was a cross between jell-o and silly puddy. Finally, the taste–it was horrid, not to mention the “jellpuddy” texture. My 11yo dd tried it too and snarled her nose after a tiny bite.
After my daughter and I finished discussing this disgusting, so-called food, I tried to give some to our Boston Terrier, Pugsly. I threw a piece on the ground. He sniffed it and ran backwards and then he walked towards it again with caution, made a small “woof”, backed-off, and then finally ate it. LMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment