Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finally, Well Enough To Workout And Introducing Melody Polakow


I still have a lingering cough but the cayenne powder, cider vinegar and honey keep it at bay, not to mention that me getting a full nights sleep has helped tremendously–and without sleeping pills! :-)
This morning I did the beginning and intermediate cardio blast from my Biggest Loser DVD and boy did it feel good. However, Jillian’s segment is still very hard for me, especially the “burpies” (sp) which is when you bend over, walk your hands to push-up position, walk your hands back, stand-up, jump, and repeat for what seems like an eternity. Man, I huffed and puffed the whole ten minutes but I did it.
Now it’s time to refocus on eating healthier again because for some odd reason, when I’m sick I decide to eat what I shouldn’t. How silly is that? I know that if I hate super-dee-duper healthy meals that the bronchitis would leave within a day or two, so I need to buckle down and make it happen.
A wonderful woman by the name of Melody Polakow shared her blog with me at a mom’s board online and it’s amazing. She’s a single mother and currently layed-off vegan chef whose teens live with her part-time. Her blog is called MELOMEALS and she shares not only how to eat spectacular vegan meals for $3.33/day, she also shares her financial and weight battles. I absolutely ADORE this woman and am looking forward to trying her recipes.
Be sure to pop-in and take a gander at her site, she photographs her amazing dishes and shares the recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment