Sunday, February 8, 2009

Holy Calories!


Yesterday my daughter’s Girl Scout troop went to lunch at Chili’s while on a field trip…which meant I went too. I ordered the endless potato soup and salad lunch (with honey mustard dressing) but had one serving of each. THANKFULLY, I prepared for what I knew would be extra calories by only having a bowl of cereal for breakfast because that meal alone contained 884 calories and over 55 grams of fat!
Also, because I knew I’d be going to Chili’s for lunch I did two sculpting workouts and cardio earlier that morning. Later that evening I did a few push-ups, squats and crunches with a medicine ball for about five minutes and cardio for ten by walking up and down on a workout step.
Out of curiosity, I hopped on the scale this morning and saw the needle on 222…Yay me! :-) It isn’t my official weigh-in day though so it doesn’t count, but I’m happier than a lark that I didn’t gain and instead dropped two more pounds!
For dinner last night I had a BLT w/light mayo and five pieces of bacon and french fries (baked)…I had my chocolate square too. However, due to eating heavier foods, I didn’t eat 6 small meals. That’s okay though, I think you have to allow yourself room for ‘off days’ by eating less and making sure to workout a bit harder to make up for it.
Oops, can’t forget about today’s food log:

Morning
 – orange and 1/4 watermelon

Mid-morning
-blueberry whole wheat oatmeal

Lunch
-a huge salad from Ruby Tuesday with peas, chickpeas, lima beans, spinach, purple lettuce, green peppers, onions, carrots (no cheese or croutons), black olives, and topped with light ranch dressing

Midday
-chocolate mint square

Dinner
-homemade chicken noodle soup
Glass of Red Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment